I got tagged by Kelly in blog tag. What is it? I have to tell you 8 things that you don't know about me - and then I tag 8 different bloggers and they do the same!! Sounds like link farming too me. Hello SEO. ;-)
8 Random things you may not know about me
- Shyness crippled me for the 1st 25 years of my life. After that I finally started getting over my social anxiety. I have never been diagnosed or medicated for this condition.
- I ripped a chunk of my face off in a biking incident while co-oping with IBM in Raleigh back in 1991. A few months later, in college, a girl came up to me and mentioned what a nice job they did fixing my clef pallet. "I don't have a clef pallet!!" How embarrassing.
- Like Bill I am mechanically inclined and love to fix things
- I grew up poor. I didn't live on the streets but I did qualify for free lunch at school. Of course after elementary school no one uses their lunch pass because you don't want people to know. In middle school, I became a dealer to make lunch money. I sold lollipops and gum. not drugs! :-)
- I paid my own way through college (with help of scholarships and co-ops) and graduated with money in the bank.
- I survived an air-embolism while scuba diving. In class they always talked about how if you had an embolism you died. So when the doctor told me that is what I had I was wondering why I was alive. My kind did not get into the blood stream. Needless to say, I don't scuba dive anymore
- I don't like reading. I don't know why but I find it impossible to focus on a books. Oddly enough, I can read email and code all day long.
- Despite my reading issues, I graduated with a 3.88 for my associates degree, 3.93 for my Bachelors and 4.0 for my masters... and I still have 95% of my college text books. Why?? What does it mean? They are behind me right now taunting me. ;-)
Ok... Now I'm supposed to tag 8 people. but everyone I know has already been tagged, so I'm going to leave this as a leaf node.